Burleigh Run Club Training Details
- Wednesday 5:45-6:45pm - meet in the park across from Borough (Barista) - 14 The Esplanade, Burleigh Heads QLD 4220
Main Beach Run Club Training Details
- Tuesday 5:30-6:30am - from the Southport SLSC (northern carpark)
- Thursday 5:30-6:30am - from the Southport SLSC (northern carpark)
**Often the group gets together for a weekend long run from Piccolo cafe at Miami or on the trails around the GC - this is always free of charge!
- Newcomers! - Feel free to try it out for free for 4 sessions before signing up. If you are keen to come along, please complete this form here before turning up for your first session.
- Casual rate - $12 per session
- 10 Session Pass - $80 ($8 per session)
- Monthly pass - $50 per month (please contact us to set up Direct Debit)
Who is this for?
This group consists of runners of any age and any ability who run recreationally. We have beginner 5km Parkrunners through to the occasional 100km Ultramarathoners with all distances and speeds in between. The best thing about this group is the camaraderie; great people who enjoy pushing themselves and supporting each other. Regardless of your ability you will be challenged by this crew!
What do the sessions look like?
Typically each session is divided in to three parts - warm up, main set and cool down. For the warm up the group covers around 1-2km at an easy pace then does running drills to work on running technique/form. The main set involves some faster running consisting of either Intervals, Fartlek or Tempo running. We cater this section to each runners ability with the range being from 3-5km. For the Cool Down we head back to our starting point. This is a similar pace (easy) to the warm up and is usually around 1-2km taking the total for the session from 6km to 9km (depending on ability). Some runners who are looking to cover a little more distance per session can either complete some extra running before the sessions starts or at the end.
Do I need to sign up?
No, just turn up for one of our sessions (please complete this form before you come!).
What about the weather/if it is raining?
We'll train regardless of the weather. If it's real bad, we'll notify everyone of the cancellation via our Insta/Facebook pages and we'll head to the local cafe for a coffee instead!
Run Club - 10 Session Pass ($8 per session)
Equates to $8 per session. Passes are valid for a full 12 months from date of purchase and entitles holders to attend any of the Run Club sessions.
Run Club - Casual pass (1 session)
This is perfect for the Run Club runner who can only make one session every now and then.
Strength Sessions - 10 session pass
Park based Strength/PT sessions with Amber Donnelley. Perfect for Run Club, Junior Squad crewsor anyone who is keen to improve their all round strength with a sensational coach.